Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Sick Day

This morning I went in to work, dropped off some cement, and then immediately returned home and spent the rest of the day in bed. A cold or sinusy something is really getting me down, however, I feel much better now after spending all day in bed. I even managed to get myself out of bed for long enough to grab dinner with a friend. Here is what I wore, and what I wish I wore.

What I wish I wore:
Dress: Liz Claiborne @ Ross (originally: $109, Ross price: $15- sweet deal!)
Cardigan: J.Crew
Sunglasses: Novelty store in Flagstaff, AZ
Shoes: Ettiene Aigner @ Marshalls
Clutch: Vintage, from my Mother's closet

I thought a little dress-up might brighten up my day! Plus, I wanted to try on my new dress and shoes that I got this week- which I love. I think this outfit will be perfect for my sister's college graduation this spring. However, the dress is about two sizes too big, so I'm either going to have to get it tailored or figure out how to do it myself. I just couldn't pass it up, I love the vintage inspired pattern.

What I actually wore:

Shirt: J.Crew factory outlet
Jacket: Gap outlet
Jeans: the Gap
Sunglasses: Novelty store in Flagstaff, AZ
Scarf: Gift from my sister from Ecuador
Shoes: Boutique in McKinney, TX

So, this is what I actually wore today when I briefly got out of bed to get dinner with a friend. It still has the cheer-up factor, even though it isn't my awesome new dress. I can't wait until its dress weather all the time! Also, I got to wear my favorite kind of shoes: red. This is only the second time that I've worn these beauties.


For now, I'm settled into my roommate's heated leather recliner (how can something be both so tacky and so awesome?), have the first season of Sex and the City on the DVD player, and am planning to edit and upload my HUGE backlog of photos for Green Violet Vintage. Hopefully I have a bunch of new lovely items up soon!

2 comments:

  1. Love the red shoes...every girl needs a pair of red shoes. Your new dress looks very nice and you will get to wear it before long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some seriously SASSY shoes! those would make me feel better anytime.

    ReplyDelete