Monday, February 2, 2009

I Love NPR

Ok, so I may be a huge nerd, but the highlight of my morning drive is always an interesting story on NPR. I don't know if ya'll listened to Morning Edition this morning, but there was story entitled "Your Family May Once Have Been Different Color". I'm a geologist, so it was no suprise to me that our skin colors have adapted to our environments over time as our ancestors migrated across the globe. However, what was fascinating are the recent finding that suggest that a family's skin color could change from dark to light (or vise versa) in as little as 50-100 generations. This has very interesting implications for society's views on race, especially in light of our recent presidential appointment. Science is so amazing! If you are a nerd like me, be sure to check this story out!

1 comment:

  1. I love NPR too! Especially "Wait Wait Don't Tell Me". I never catch it on the radio though, I have to listen to the podcasts.

    ReplyDelete