Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Apologies all around...

for being such a blogging slacker! My mother was here this weekend and the weather was beautiful, so I didn't get in any computer time, and this week isn't looking much better. Its going to be super busy in the water quality world for the next few days, which unfortunately means it won't be super busy in Green Violet land. However, a few exciting things are in the works that I just have to share!

First, one of my dear friend's parents have agreed to sell my work at their shop/gallery in downtown Asheville. This is super exciting for me and I'm so grateful for the opportunity!

Secondly, I met a bunch of lovely fellow Asheville Etsians this weekend and we are dreaming big about some possible crafting projects and collaborations. It's always nice to meet new people in Asheville, as I have only been here about six months, and I am never disappointed. This is such a friendly town.

Thirdly, Petey (my pup) finally learned to sit. He isn't perfect yet, but he is working on it! I've only had him for a month, so I figure we have time.

Lastly, I found an amazing and amazingly cheap thrift store yesterday and scored some major finds. I'll post some pictures later in the week once I get them cleaned up. I'm not sure I can keep them all for myself (my closet is already spilling out into two dressers, a chest, and under the bed storage) so I may just have to start building up my collection and open up a vintage shop on Etsy. However, I haven't even really gotten my first shop off the ground yet, so maybe it is too soon. What do ya'll think? Does anyone have a vintage shop or two shops and have any advice for me?

1 comment:

  1. No advice in regard to opening a vintage Etsy shop... but I say go for it. It's one of my fave sections to shop and the market seems to always be boomin' for vintage goodies. :)

    ReplyDelete