Hands down, this is certainly the best thing I have ever made... here it is from start to finish!
The raw materials- four t-shirts I bought from the goodwill clearance center. I decided to go with an orange theme. I got one t-shirt that fit well on the top so that I wouldn't have to do too much fashioning of the bodice since I really don't know what I'm doing. That's the light orange on on the left.
Fashioning the bodice. This took a while since I'm kind of clueless about sewing and what not. I took it apart and put it back together several times.
Petey loves it when I sew because he gets to chew on the extra fabric. Petey is a machine of destruction!
I'm almost finished here, it was pretty easy to make the skirt. I just got as much material as possible out of the two remaining t-shirts, sewed them together in one big piece, and gathered the top! I then connected the skirt to the top with the waistband.
Finished product! yay! I'm really please with how this turned out!
You can see the contrast stitching that I did in teal- mostly because I didn't have any orange thread. But I like how it turned out.
This was a super fun project! I'm really glad that I could finally jump on the up-cycling bandwagon. Don't be intimidated by sewing- clearly I had no clue what I was doing and it turned out great. All it took was a little envisioning on the front end and a few attempts to get it right. Go on, try to make something!