Sunday, April 14, 2013

Six Month Sew-iversary: THE THINGS FOR THE BOTTOM HALF

Well, the sewing round up continues, but never fear, we're almost done here! Here are the things that keep me decent when out in public. As much as I hate pants (trousers), turns out you have to wear them sometimes! Thank goodness for the far more comfortable leggings and skirts options. 

Already blogged:
chevron shirt gray skirt skirt hem Clovers and Scout Tee
Tiny Pocket Tank back

And....... the new stuff:
sweatshirt dress Clover Pants V2
Self Drafted Etsy Tutorial Leggings V1 // Colette Patterns Clover Pants V2
Self Drafted Skirted Leggings v1
Self Drafted Skirted Leggings V1

I've also updated the TOPS post with the Hot Cocoa Sweater that I forgot to photograph. Whoops!

I'll wrap this thing up in the next post with some miscellaneous items and stuff made for others, then it will be on to the new stuff! I made a Washi dress last weekend and I like it so much I made another yesterday! I'm also working on a little massive hand sewing project- a maxi version of the Alabama Chanin Fitted Dress that I would like to get finished up before my trip to Florida in May. What have ya'll been sewing this weekend?

 signature2

8 comments:

  1. You've gotten a really varied wardrobe, for such a short period! I love seeing what you come up with - you're far more creative with colours and styles than I am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I think I'm only creative with color because I buy the cheap fabric and its always in the crazy patterns. Haha!!

      Delete
  2. Still can't believe the short amount of time you have taken to create all this. You have been pumping them out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! You've added some great pieces to your wardrobe. You sure have been a busy little sewing bee :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I'm excited to see both of those new projects! I've said this already, but you have got to be one of the most fearless and productive beginning sewists I've ever seen... tops and skirts are often tackled by newbies, but dresses, pants, coats... incredible! My weekend sewing was pretty boring... buttonholes and hemming on some RTW pants for my dad. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ughhh... buttonholes! Embarrassingly, I can't figure out how to make the buttonholer on my machine work. I think I have just focused on a few techniques and ignored a whole host of others!

      Delete
  5. Happy happy sew-iversary!!! I'm really digging these recaps. You have an incredible you-made wardrobe. Congratulations. And have fun in Florida!! Definitely post pics of that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Megan,

    Happy sew-iversary to you. You won the plus size pattern pyramid from my blog, but I haven't heard from you. I need your mailing address so I can send the patterns on to you. Please email me at whistlingdixie "at" comcast.net. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete