Friday, January 22, 2010

Big NEWS!

Well, lovely readers, I'm sorry I've been a bit MIA for the last week or so. I have some big, exciting news but I wanted to wait for it to be final before I blogged about it (didn't want to jinx anything)! Well, I FINALLY got a new job that I am sooo excited about. I'll be doing actual geology and be spending a lot of time out in the field. The down side is that I have to leave North Carolina, but the up side is that I'm moving to New Mexico! So, needless to say, things have been a bit crazy. I've moved across the country a few times now, so I guess it should be old hat at this point but it really never seems to get any better. All the packing is making me insane, but at least I have an exciting new job and location to look forward to. New Mexico is the 'Land of Enchantment' after all, so I can only expect amazing things.

Here a few lovely photos of New Mexico from Flickr users (click for source):

Sunset over the Jemez Mountains

Jemez Mountains

Jemez Stream

Los Alamos, NM, Scenic Overlook


All of these amazing images are getting me super excited to get out there and get started! Too bad 24 hours in the car are standing between me and this lovely landscape.

So, you might be wondering what this means for my blog and Etsy shops. Well, things will probably be slow around here for a while but I am going to try to photodocument the move and blog about it when possible. I'm going to put my shops on hold for a little while but I hope to keep them active once I get settled! I can't wait to see what kind of vintage clothes I can find out west. I definitely won't be quitting my blog, though the focus may change a bit because doing geology doesn't exactly call for a super glamorous wardrobe. I just couldn't part with all you lovely folks I've met through the interwebs! So hopefully you will be seeing lots of amazing scenery photos and some outfit posts when I have a day or two off. I can't wait to improve my photography skills, I've already got my eye on a few new lenses I just might be needing to capture the western landscape.

Once again, thanks for being so lovely! I have a good friend who claims that this is the "Year of Magical Thinking" and that if we think magically about what we want, we can make it happen. It has worked for me so far! So, I wish some magical thinking for all of ya'll this year, I hope magical things are happening for you also!


signature


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like youre going on a grand adventure! Can't wait to see updates :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, congratulations, Megan! How exciting!!

    I'd like to be the first commenter to welcome you to the west coast. You'll love it ;) And New Mexico at that?! If you have time during this chaos you gotta watch "Boys on the Side" with Drew Barrymore and Whoopi (if you haven't already). They move out to NM in the movie, so it's perfect! And NM is my favorite state to drive through (I've driven across country 4 times)... such beautiful and unique landscape and scenery. And the jewelry!!! Torquoise and silver... looooove it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So exciting, congratulations. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! And best of luck in the new job! We'll be here waiting for those fantastic pics and your words of wisdom whenever you can drop a post or two.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow so exciting! And for us readers, new fabulous colourful pics of a new place (that I've never been to before except vicariously through the movies!)
    Teenyx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats, I'm so excited for you!
    (and excited for the amazing photos that are sure to come)
    Best of luck for the move
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! That's wonderful. I hope the move goes well and that there's loads of vintage and thrift shopping when you get there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the new job! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete