Wednesday, September 30, 2009

9.29.09

Cardigan: Gift
Shirt: Boutique
Pants: Target
Shoes: 9 west outlet

I'm still working on the whole fall thing... I have the essential ingredients but I'm not sure I'm putting them together very well yet! Plaid? Check. Brown pants? Check. Cardigan? Check. Moccasins? Check. Guess I'm just warming up to this fall thing, I'll try harder next time! Coincidentally, I chose to cuff these pants to ankle length the same day that E. over at Academichic cuffed her skinny jeans the same way, with the caveat that she recognized it was not the most flattering length. Those ladies spend a lot of time exploring which silhouettes and colors are the most flattering and I have found their blog to be both educational and inspirational! However, something they don't often discuss is that fashion is more than flattery- its also a personal expression. I guess that's why they call it personal style! I think that while ankle length pants may not be the most flattering option (for me, the most flattering option would be a knee-length, high-waisted, a-line skirt, not something that I can wear everyday), I think that choosing to cuff my pants just feels more ME. And, after all, isn't that what we are all trying to express when we get dressed in the morning?

1 comment:

  1. I agree! (as long as you're not wearing something horrendously unflattering)
    I think the cropped pants look nice and you, and I love that top!

    ReplyDelete